Vedic Astrology is a part of Astronomy. It starts where Astronomy ends. The planets that revolve around the sun create a grave impact on the lives of people on the earth as well.
- Vedic Astrology How To Make Mars Positive Qualities Strongly
- Vedic Astrology How To Make Mars Positive Qualities Stronger
For understanding an individual's horoscope, the 9 zodiac planets form the single most important criteria. But it depends majorly upon where these planets are placed in relation to each other.
Some of the very basic matters in life which are defined by planets are
- Happiness in an individual's married life
- How many children would a couple have
- What is the career that a person would pursue
You should make use of Perfumes and Scents. Astrology Remedies for Improve Venus or Shukra. Worship Goddess Lakshmi – Vedic astrology says that Goddess Lakshmi is the ruling deity of Venus. Worshipping her brings qualities of Venus in your personality. Laxmi is also called the Goddess of wealth. When we will check planetary position for surgeon, we need to see Mars, Sun and Saturn very carefully. Mars will play a vital role in the Horoscope of Surgeon. Sun and Mars together in 10th house in Scorpio sign can make a person very good Surgeon. Mars in Cancer in mutual aspect with exalted Saturn in Libra can also make a person famous surgeon. General Characteristics of the 5th House The Fifth House is known as the house of Grace. It is one of the dharma houses, a house of destiny. A strong 5th house indicates strong character and judgment (the discernment from keen, clear intelligence), happiness from good children, and spiritual learnedness.
Alternately, each of the planets also symbolizes some very important things in life.
Just as an example, Venus planet in astrology is the symbol of love and when well placed, it brings about love and happiness in a person's life. In the same way, if the planet Venus is associated with malefic planets, or if it is placed in a house which is not lucrative, some challenges in one's love life are likely.
Let us run through some of the very basic ways of figuring out planetary strength. These are by no means comprehensive but still would give us a great degree of idea regarding how a particular planet would affect us positively or negatively.
A host of other factors also come into play and these would include aspect and conjunction of other planets, and also the particular Nakshatra wherein the planet is placed.
But the following would be the basic ways of accessing the strength of a planet.
BENEFIC AND MALEFIC PLANETS
In a very general way, Moon, Venus, Jupiter and Mercury are considered benefic planets
While Sun, Mars, Saturn, Rahu, and Ketu are considered as malefic planets
But each planet is possessed with its own qualities and being benefic and malefic has a lot to do with the placement of the planet in one's horoscope.
FAVORABLE AND UNFAVORABLE HOUSES
In Vedic Astrology, houses too are divided as favorable and unfavorable.
Planets placed in houses 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 10 are considered favorable.
Similarly, planets placed in houses 6, 8, 12 are considered malefic.
The nearness of the planets, the general character of the planet and the placement of the planet in a particular House of your Birth Chart, together constitute to its strength and weakness. Thus the planets on their own are not strong or weak and for that matter we cannot point one planet to be the strongest among all. If a particular planet is placed in the right house, it may enhance your life and bring all the riches, fame, glory and the things that mean the most to you, making it a stronger planet for you. In the same way, it is'One for Each'.
We will now define a few characteristic traits of all the planets that are considered when studying Astrology. The planets have a certain specific traits of their own, however, when it is in conjunction with other planets it might also get influenced with the other planets. The placement of the planets is thus of grave importance.
1. Sun: Sun is the atma (soul) of all planet and humans as well. It is the King of all planets and thus possesses various positive traits such as being a fatherly figure, has immense strength, holds self-respect, is just, and authoritative.
What the planet Sun overlooks is one's physical health and vitality. So how an individual projects himself on to the world is really dependent on the planet sun.
When Sun is strong in one's horoscope, the individual is very energetic, and Sun makes the individual a centre of attraction.
But is the Sun is weak in an individual's horoscope, the constitution could be weak and the person runs the risk of becoming ego centric.
2. Moon: Moon is related to the mind. It acts as the mother of all, and imparts love, peace of mind, positivity and emotions. Moon is money. It also represents water and greenery. It is closest to the planet earth and thus affects us a lot.
The planet moon is the ruler of one's looks and emotions. With the moon nicely placed, the individual is happy, and the moon brings about a higher degree of social and physical attractiveness.
This in turn brings about success in life, as a happy person would nicely integrate with others.
But this is in contrast with a moon which is not placed nicely, and could cause anxiety or depression, or even hardship.
3. Mercury: Mercury depicts Intelligence. People with a strong placement of Mercury in their Birth Chart are business minded, have better grasping power, can think logically, good in math, are agile and alert. It also represents speech and other business related to it.
Mercury is the fastest planet in the solar system. It rules our intelligence and also influences our ability to communicate.
With Mercury nicely placed, an individual is possessed with high intelligence. Mercury also gives dexterity since Mercury rules one's hands as well.
Some of the traits of people who have the planet mercury nicely placed include an aptitude speaking, writing and teaching.
Nevertheless, if the planet mercury is weak or afflicted, this would negatively affect an individual's abilities in these areas. This might even translate to a harsh speaking style at times.
4. Venus: Venus depicts love relationship and business. It enhances your sex life, lifestyle, and bring along money and prosperity of all kind.
While Venus is the planet of love, it also represents women in general. Venus symbolizes beauty art and socializing, and the planet basically stands for all good things in life.
When Venus is strong in one's horoscope, it augurs positive for one's marriage as the couple finds contentedness in their life and also develop an appreciation for arts.
But if the planet Venus in one's horoscope is debilitated, it could lead some sort of disharmony in relationships. One may even face a difficulty in relating with others.
5. Mars: Mars depicts courage, bravely, technical and scientific strength and confidence. People with a strong Mars are great soldiers, policemen, engineers, doctors and related professions associated with it. It also represents land and real estate.
The planet Mars is the planet of atheletes. It signifies action. And with the planet Mars, we could come to know about how much initiative does an individual actually have to bring about changes in their life.
When Mars is strong, the individual is possessed with an ability to outlast his competitors. He is really possessed with the ability to get up and go.
But when Mars is afflicted, the person might end up being the type of an individual who fights too much.
6. Jupiter: Jupiter is known as Guru - the teacher. People influenced by Jupiter are spiritually intelligent and knowledgeable. Jupiter supports love, relationship, and travel. It depicts wisdom and education of the person. One is also inclined towards doing well to mankind.
Jupiter is a great beneficiary, and it symbolizes wisdom, religion and expansion.
The planet Jupiter also tells us about how much wealth would a person earn in his lifetime.
With a strong Jupiter in his birthchart, the person is likely to be a well educated person who is well to do.
Sometimes when the Jupiter is afflicted, material prosperity fails to follow.
7. Saturn: Shani is a hermit and depicts time old age, poverty and life. It is a judgmental planet, and the person with a strong Shani can do good in politics, business, and other such sectors that demands your self-confidence. One with a strong Shani is hardworking, self-empowered and successful in life.
Saturn is the planet of loss, but nevertheless helps us understand our limitations. It helps us recognize the matters wherein we cannot bring about a change.
Saturn is the ruler of discipline and hard work. It is about responsibility, longevity and loss that Saturn teaches us.
When one is blessed with a strong Saturn in his birthchart, you could expect the individual to be committed, and with a dedication to rules and traditions.
Nevertheless an afflicted Saturn could make one undisciplined, or even irresponsible.
8. Uranus: Uranus has all the traits of Mercury, however, it is much more forceful or severe. We can term it as the enhanced version of Mercury. It denotes extreme knowledge and intelligence, or extreme changes (drastic) that one can experience. It also denotes modern technology, hypnotism and black magic.
Uranus happens to be a mysterious planet, and signifies a phenomenon which is unpredictable or unusual. When Uranus is prominent in an individual's birth chart, he pays a deep regard to his originality and freedom.
With the Uranus favorable, the intellect is sharp and the person is possessed with a desire to be unconventional.
9. Neptune: Neptune is the enhanced version of Venus. It denotes intuition, beauty and social life. It is also known for creating confusion in the house it is placed in.
Neptune, in many senses could be seen as the inverse of the planet Saturn, which is staunch and impassive. The planet is an idealist, but could end up being an escapist at times.
If the planet Neptune is balanced, the individual is renowned for his beauty or public image. However a Neptune not well placed could bring the person closer to illusions in life. He or she may even develop problems with drugs or alcohol.
10. Pluto: Pluto works on a mass scale. One might encounter big things happening to them (either good or bad). It is a recently discovered planet. It relates to mass, social and spiritual life, and political events.
The planet Pluto is known to magnify the effect of whatever planet it touches. While Pluto is associated with power, it does so in a way which is total or compulsive.
It is also known that the planet Pluto operates beneath the surface.
When Pluto is well placed, one exercises greater power over others and enjoys greater wealth.
But a badly aspected Pluto can cause misery.
11. Rahu: Rahu depicts the ascending north node and affects the moon the most among the planets. It bring name and fame, sudden changes, foreign travels to name a few. It also aids in healing diseases.
Rahu is the astronomical point, where the orbital path of the Sun intersects with the upper orbital path of the moon.
In general, the planet Rahu is considered to be malefic.Nevertheless when affiliated with benefic planets, the planet Rahu brings about success, and great riches as well. It could even pave way for refined arts or scientific discoveries.
But when Rahu is afflicted, it could cause malefic effects as well. This is vastly dependent on the planet it is most well connected to.
12. Ketu: Ketu depicts the descending south node and affects the sun the most. It is worshipped for spirituality and also works in favor of changing events, accidents and breaking relationships.
Ketu, just opposite to the planet Rahu is the point where in the orbit of the Sun intersects with the lower orbital path of the moon.
Just like the planet Rahu, Ketu too is considered to be malefic. But it could offer a very positive boost to an individual's horoscope when it combines with favorable planetary configurations.
Planet Ketu is possessed with capabilities to bring people to the over worldly realms
All zodiac planets have their own significance in astrology and can take a person to Rags or to Riches depending upon their placements, their conjunction, the Zodiac Signs and Nakshatras. However, one may also lessen the ill effects of the planets to a certain extent by implements certain remedies. One may appease the ruling deity and surrender and may attain love, health, wealth, prosperity, abundance, and all things that mean a lot to you.
Pundit Junction is your one stop resource for Vedic Astrology. Matchmaking, Vastu Consultation or for any query which may be at the back of your mind regarding legal, career or relationship matters, an expert consultation with our learned astrologers will help you see the matters through with ease and comfort.
Contact us today, only at Pundit Junction
Harshad has been into freelance writing for some time now. Some of the topics he loves to write about are health, wellness, life & lifestyle, fitness & spirituality.
You see defense personnel, policeman, sports legend, fireman and trekker anyone belongs to an adventurous occupation is the person of Mars. Even a goonda or bouncer is influenced by planet Mars. However, a person can be a goonda when Mars is powerful but afflicted.
The people belong to army, air force, navy, police, fire safety, sports like cricket, football and any other kind of sports requires auspicious Mars in the chart. The planet Mars in Vedic astrology has a significant role in making your life dynamic and forceful.
In a nutshell, the planet Mars signifies courage, confidence, force, freedom, adventure, determination, command and anger etc. Hence, the people belong to army, police, sports, adventurous and daredevil activities should have powerful Mars in the natal chart.
Characteristics of the planet Mars in Astrology
As I already said the planet Mars in astrology rules courage and force, I would like to explain about the characteristics of the planet Mars. Generally, the person influenced by Mars will have such characters.
The Mars makes the person courageous, forceful, impulsive, daredevil, fighter, stubborn, outspoken, foolhardiness, heroic, energetic, short tempered, quick and impatient etc.
You are likely to enter in the business pertaining to real estate, electrical, hardware, gym, wrestling, furnace, athletes, butcher, police, defense, military, arms and ammunition, medical products, surgical products, medical industry, blood, fire and bakeries etc.
Because of its anger and adventure, it is called an evil planet (Pap Grah).
Mars on the heavenly body
- The planet Mars is synonymously called red planet.
- It is the God of war according to the Roman mythology.
- The planet Mars is the 4th planet in the solar system from Sun. This is the 2nd smallest planet in the solar system.
- The diameter of the Mars is 6779 km, while the earth’s diameter is 12742 km.
- The Mars has 2 moons called Phobos and Deimos and earth has one moon.
- The distance of the Mars from the Sun is 227,943,824 km, while earth is 149,598,262 km far away from the sun.
- The planet Mars requires 687 earth days, while earth requires 365.24 days to complete a year.
- The temperature of Mars is from -153 to 20°C, while earth’s temperature ranges from -88 to 58°C
- The planet Mars possesses the largest volcano in the solar system called Olympus Mons. It is also known as the tallest known mountain in the solar system. The peak of this mountain is 21,287.4 m (69,841 ft) above and the structure of this mountain is about 600 km (370 mi) wide.
Mythological story behind the Mars
There are many mythological stories prevailing among the Hindu about Mars. The Skand Puran explains in Avantika Khanda about the birth of Mars.
One upon a time, there was a demon king in Ujjain named Andhak. His son named Kanak was extremely powerful and daredevil. Tula vedic astrology calendar.
Once he shouted threateningly at Devraj Indra. Indra, the king of God got furious and killed the demon hero Kanak.
After killing the son of Andhakasur, Indra got fearful of Demon Andhakasur. Hence, Indra searched Lord Shiva and made a visit to him on Kailash Mountain. While meeting, Devaj Indra expressed his fearful state of mind. As he had killed Son of Andhakasur, he prayed God Shiva to give him a boon to have victory over Andhakasur. Lord Shiva became happy on sheltered Indra and blessed him and shouted menacingly at Andhakasur.
The war between God Shiva and Andhaka was extremely disastrous and catastrophic. While fighting furiously the drop of a sweat from the head of Lord Shiva fell down on the ground out of which Mars took birth.
Mars is popularly known as Lohitanga, Raktaksha, Bhouma, Mahadev Putra. The wise Bramhins chanted these names and established him among the 9 planets. Soon after Lord Brahma installed a sublime Shivling known as Mangleshwar. Nowadays, it is notable as Mangalnath temple in Ujjain.
If the planet Mars in astrology is placed in an evil place and afflicted by malefic planets in the chart, the native can make a visit to the Mangalnath temple to perform a puja to neutralize the negative influence of Mars.
Astrological issues relating to debilitated Mars
It is extremely imperative that the planet Mars must be powerful in the chart. As the planet Mars in Vedic astrology signifies courage, confidence, freedom and real estate, the weak or debilitated Mars in the chart can make you fearful, unconfident, and submissive.
It will be extremely difficult to be demonstrative and expressive. The Mars must be strong enough in the chart to make the native strong willed so that he or she can take an independent decision.
The weak Mars in the Scorpio and combusted by Sun and afflicted by Saturn, Rahu and Ketu can make the life miserable. In such a situation the fear will kill the native every day.
Astrological importance of exalted Mars
The exalted Mars in astrology in the Capricorn, own signed Mars in the Aries and Scorpio and Mars in the friendly sign can be a boon for you.
If the planet Mars is powerful, you are likely to have ample of real estate such flats, apartments, houses, buildings and plots etc.
The planet Mars (Mangal) in astrology makes you very courageous and forceful. You will have great command over people. During the administration period of Mars, you will have social standing, wealth, business and career achievement. You are also likely to come in contact with police official, defense personnel, politicos, and bureaucrats etc. Your contact with the top guns will benefits you in terms of social success and pecuniary gains.
Mahadasha and Antardasha of Mars
The planet Mars rules over the native for 7 years. If you are under the Mahadasha of Mars and Mar is placed in an exalted house, friendly sign, Mooltrikon in Aries, own sign in Aries and Scorpio, then you will enjoy a quality life during the stint of Mars.
The powerful Mars in vedic horoscope will make you superior to others. It will bring power, position and authority. You will be able to take audacious attempt that will go in your favor.
If you are into the career in home affairs, defense, military, air force, and navy, you will write quite a long success story during the Mahadasha of Mars. You will be equipped with money, wealth, matrimonial happiness, courage and confidence, knowledge, children, social status and congenial fraternal relationship.
Vedic Astrology How To Make Mars Positive Qualities Strongly
The planetary period of Mars in vedic chart can be extremely dangerous, if it is placed in an evil place in the birth chart. The debilitated Mars in the Scorpio and afflicted by Saturn, Rahu, Ketu and Sun can certainly invite misfortunes.
You will always remain involved with fraternal fight. You will lose money in the real estate. You will find it difficult to buy home. In case you bought the home, you will be compelled to sell it by force of circumstances.
The legal issues, failure of children, loss of business, loss of job and social stigma will be the part of life. You are likely to get injured by violence. There is a strong feasibility of getting surgical incision and accidents etc.
If the planet Rahu and Mars is conjoined together in the chart, it creates Angarak Dosh. The Angarak Dosh brings misfortune to the native during its administration period.
The conjunction of Saturn and Mars is also bad. It can make you injured and have experience with surgeon’s knife.
Mars in 12 houses in the chart
1st House: If the planet Mars is placed in the 1st house in the chart, you will be freedom oriented, courageous, forceful and commanding. You will remain always independent as you don’t like subordination.
2nd House: When planet Mars is placed in the 2nd house, the native will earn ample of money by fair means and hard work. The native will enjoy house and property. However, the native will be harsh spoken.
3rd House: The placement of Mars in the 3rd house will make you daredevil, adventurous, adamant and sportive. You will take care of your brothers and sisters. Your hyperconfidence will take you to the next level.
4th House: The planet Mars in the 4th house will make you full of wrath and you are likely to be egoistic. As it creates Mangal Dosh you are likely to have conflict of interest with your life partner.
5th House: If you have Mars in the 5th house in the chart, then you will be full of confidence and vigor. However, you will be jealous of people. The 5th Mars will make you pompous in connection with material success.
6th House: When the planet Mars is posited in the sixth house, it makes the native a diligent worker. Sometimes the native works beyond his capability to achieve goal. He becomes a self-motivated and energetic person.
Vedic Astrology How To Make Mars Positive Qualities Stronger
7th House: The planet Mars in the 7th house invites the problem in the married life. It can delay your marriage. It will make violent, impatient and impulsive. You will never come to the conclusion without a hot conversation.
8th House: If Mars is placed in the 8th house in the birth chart, it makes one egoistic. Especially, the native should be very careful as 8th Mars in astrology chart creates Mangal dosh. Hence, the native should try to keep marital life intact.
9th House: When the planet Mars in Vedic astrology chart is placed in the 9th house, it makes you attractive to look. You are likely to get power, position and authority in the governmental organization. You will have a successful career.
The planet Mars in the 10th house makes the person a good administrator. It makes the native notable. The person become successful I in the field of management and administration.
When the planet Mars is placed in the 11th house, it makes the person popular and brings social standing. The placement of Mars in the 11th house makes the native rich, prosperous and materially successful.
If the planet Mars is placed in the 12th house in your chart, you will have conflict of interest with your colleagues and management in the job. You are likely to face fake legal allegations against you.
Remedial measures for malefic Mars in Vedic astrology
There are certain effective remedies for the malefic Mars in Vedic astrology that can neutralize the negative influence. The preventive measures can help you to get rid of the wrath of the planet Mars in astrological chart.
- You can get installed Mangal Yantra by a wise priest in your Puja place on Tuesday of the bright fortnight.
- There are many Mantras in the Veda and Puran that you can chant to heave a sigh of relief from Mars. There are Vedic Mantra, Tantric Mantra and Puranic Mantra. I am here giving the simple one is called Laghu Mantra, “Om Aung Angarakay Namah”. You should chant it 108 times daily starting from Tuesday.
- The 3 faced Rudraksha is assigned to the planet Mars. Wearing Teen Mukhi Rudraksha can neutralize the bad effect of the planet Mars.
- You can use Red Coral as a planetary remedy in astrology when the planet Mars is afflicted by evil planets. However, it is better to get your chart read by a veteran astrologer before wearing Red Coral.
- Charity is the easiest and cheapest way of getting rid of negative Mars. You can donate Masoor Dal, Jaggery, red items of clothing, saffron (Kesar) to the poor people to get rid of the malefic influence of Mars.