General Issues > Twins
Weekly Horoscope Astrology for Lovers Drawings & Calculations Natal Chart, Ascendant Extended Chart Selection Create an Ephemeris Astrology Atlas Query ADB Search Tool Current Planets Your Astro-Twins. NEW: BEYOND MIDLIFE - A Horoscope for Life after 40. Your astro-twins: celebrities born on the same day as you. Transits and Ephemerides. In regards to the relocation astrology maps, the maps of twins born at almost the same time are almost exactly the same. For Astrology Consultations. Contact Mark 503-252-1558 [email protected] Business Hours: Monday-Thursday, Pacific Time. Astrology Services. Individual Astrology Consultation.
- Why can twins - who have an almost identical chart - be verydifferent?
The simple answer is that twins divide the chart between them. Every horoscope contains several themes, archetypal figures, inner contradictions, etc. A child who is not born a twinwill settle this within his or her own personality, choose to live some of these issues and keep others in the background. In the course of his/her life, some of the formerly unconsciousissues will be developed and expressed. The different roles within the personality are all there as dispositions at the beginning of thechild's life but will be developed at different times.
For twins, this is different. They 'divide' the chart between themearly in life. If they live and grow up together, they cannot both enact the same roles which are part of both their personalities but tend to choose different roles. Often, the 'alpha twin' is stronger and makes his/her choice, leaving the rest to the other. This division can change in the course of a lifetime.
There are cases in which identical twins are brought up to be really identical, by parents who find this so cute. It is, in our opinion, psychologically very unhealthy to force children into this game. In twin research, there are striking cases of separated twins who have developed verysimilar lives. This is no surprise if we think along the lines described above. If the twins grow up separated, the other does not occupy the roles they would like to express themselves. Both can play the same roles, as indicated in their identical horoscopes, because the other is not intheir way.
Liz Greene writes in a special paragraph for the Child's Horoscope, the really excellent computerised report available at Astrodienst:
The horoscope of a twin boy or girl
This child is one of a pair of twins. He/She shares with the other twin an almost identical birth horoscope. But any parent of twins will recognise that each has his or her own distinctive personality. Twins, sharing many personality characteristics, often try especially hard to define their own psychological territory, and often they do this by a kind of 'division' of the birth chart. One twin will appropriate certain features of the horoscope while the other twinwill appropriate the rest. Twins tend to polarise. In their need to assert a separate individuality they may both unconsciously avoid sharing qualities which they fear will make them too like the other. The perceptive parent may observe that in early childhood twins periodically exchange roles, each one trying out personality traits which the other was displaying a little while earlier. The polarising process sets in a little later on. As they grow older and develop separate lives twins usually find it easier to own and express those qualities they 'gave away' to the other twin in early life. And the unique spark of individuality within will always ensure that, even if they look alike, they will remain distinct individuals with a unique journey through life.
Of course our computer cannot know whether a chart is the chart of a twin. Only when this is indicated by the person ordering the reports, the 'twin paragraph' is includedby our order processing staff.
If you want to order reports for twins, we offer the second copy, which is identical in most cases except for the name, at a very much reduced price of 25% of the regular price if ordered at the same time.
- Whatkind of chart comparison can I do for twins? A composite chartturns out the same as the natal charts. Are there othermethods?
The composite chart does not work for twins. The only approach for arelationship chart for twins which works, as far as we know, is the one by ourauthor Mona Riegger, as used in the report 'Horoscope for Two'. It canbe ordered in the Astro Shop.
Mona's approach makes a distinction between 'the older' and 'theyounger', which is always defined with twins, even when born by cesareansection. Then she reverts some elements of the Davison relationship chart for theyounger one, getting two distinctive charts. She is able to make veryinteresting deductions about the relationship between the two. Not accidentallyMona is a mother of twins.
Ophira Edut and Tali Edut
2 December 1972 (age 48)
|Alma mater||University of Michigan, Ann Arbor|
The AstroTwins (twin sisters Tali Edut and Ophira Edut; born December 2, 1972) are American astrologers and authors. Together, they have written four books on astrology, they are the featured astrology columnists for Elle.com, Refinery29, Elle Australia and MindBodyGreen, and they publish their own website, Astrostyle.com.
Early life and education
Tali Edut and Ophira Edut are identical twin sisters, born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, to an American rabbi mother and Israeli landscaper father. They attended the University of Michigan, where Tali majored in photography and Ophira in computer graphics. They interned at Sassy magazine, after Tali won a contest to art direct an issue of the magazine.Risa astrology.
In 1992, while at the University of Michigan, the Eduts teamed up with friend Dyann Logwood to produce HUES (Hear Us Emerging Sisters), a magazine geared toward multicultural women. HUES began as a class project for a Women's Studies course, with a print run of 1,000 copies for the first issue. Over the next three years it evolved into a full-color, glossy publication with a readership of 40,000. In 1995, HUES debuted nationally in bookstores and on newsstands, with Gloria Steinem and Rebecca Walker on the advisory board. While publishing HUES, Ophira edited the multicultural body image anthology Adios, Barbie (later renamed Body Outlaws), which was published by Seal Press in 1997. In 1997, the Eduts and Logwood sold HUES magazine to New Moon Publishing in Duluth, Minnesota. Ophira moved to Duluth in May 1998 to work on the magazine, which was published until 1999. In 1999, Ophira became an associate editor for Ms. magazine, joining Tali in New York City.
The Edut twins are self-taught astrologers, who educated themselves on the mathematics, angles and alignments of the stars. In 1992, Ophira's then-boyfriend gave her and Tali an astrological chart as a birthday present, which sparked an interest in the field. They started reading charts for friends as a hobby, and in 2002, they were hired as the official astrologers for Teen People magazine, writing a daily and monthly astrology column until it ceased publication in 2006.
In 2006, they launched their own astrology website, Astrostyle.com, writing under the moniker The AstroTwins. Along with daily, weekly and monthly horoscopes, the site offers love, career and fashion advice as well as a section teaching interpretive astrology. By 2015, the site was receiving over 17 million page views per month. In 2013, they released an iPhone app, Astrostyle Mobile. In 2014, they launched a second site, Momstrology.com, in conjunction with their book of the same name, focusing on astrology advice for mothers.
The AstroTwins have been writing daily, weekly and monthly horoscopes and columns as the official astrologers for Elle.com since 2009; and weekly and monthly horoscopes for Refinery29 since 2013. From 2007 to 2013, they wrote weekly horoscopes on Lifetime Entertainment Services' MyLifetime.com and LifetimeMoms.com. They have also written columns and dispensed advice for People,Interview (Germany),AOL,The Sunday Times,TV Guide,New York Daily News,Redbook,InStyle,Nordstrom.com,Virgin Hotels and on Sirius XM. They have appeared on MTV's Total Request Live,CBS's Live From the Couch,Style's How Do I Look? and on season 6 of Bravo's The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Their web series, Astrologica, premiered in May 2014 on Refinery29, and ran through the end of the year. They have also done readings for celebrities including Beyoncé, Sting, LeAnn Rimes, Stevie Wonder, Avril Lavigne and Jessica Simpson.
Together they have written four books, including Love Zodiac: The Essential Guide For Women, about dating and relationships, and Momstrology: The AstroTwins' Guide to Parenting Your Little One by the Stars, a comprehensive astrological guide to caretaking, with over 500 pages of astrological parenting advice. The book guides mothers through parenting based on their zodiac sign, with a focus on understanding and embracing their child's astrological traits. It was a #1 astrology bestseller on Amazon.com.
Ophira lives in New York City with her husband, Jeffrey Sleebos, whom she married in 2007. They have two daughters. In 2009, Tali married Cory Verellen, whom she met at Burning Man a year earlier. They live in Seattle, Washington.
- Body Outlaws: Rewriting the Rules of Beauty and Body Image, edited by Ophira Edut (Seal Press, 1997)
- Astrostyle: Star-Studded Advice for Love, Life, and Looking Good (Touchstone Books, 2003)
- The AstroTwins' Love Zodiac: The Essential Astrology Guide for Women (Sourcebooks Casablanca, 2008)
- Shoestrology: Discover Your Birthday Shoe (Potter Style / Random House, 2012)
- Momstrology: The AstroTwins' Guide to Parenting Your Little One by the Stars (It Books, 2014)
- ^ abcdKelly Lee, “Interview: Ophira Edut,” Kelly Go Lightly, March 8, 2004.
- ^ abcdMelena Ryzik, “Stars in Their Eyes,”New York Times, December 31, 2006.
- ^ abcMarla Paul, “Beauty Comes In All Hues,”Chicago Tribune, February 26, 1995.
- ^Leslie Heywood and Jennifer Drake, editors, Third Wave Agenda: Being Feminist, Doing Feminism, Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press, 1997, pp. 89-91.
- ^ abOphira Edut, “The Feminist Revolution,”Jewish Women's Archive. Accessed November 20, 2015.
- ^“Adios, Barbie: Young Women Write About Body Image And Identity,”Publishers Weekly, December 1997.
- ^ abOphira Edut, “Sisterhood & The Stars: My Disjointed Life as a Feminist Astrology Columnist,” Feminist.com, 2010.
- ^ abcdeGina Marinelli, “The AstroTwins On Accidental Careers, Spot-On Horoscopes, & Yes, The Haters,”Refinery29, April 12, 2013.
- ^ abMegan Collins, “Interview: The Astro Twins,”Crushable, December 4, 2010.
- ^'Career Horoscope Consultant Lucien Holm'. Retrieved 2016-12-07.
- ^Site Overview, astrostyle.com, alexa.com. Accessed November 20, 2015 (by subscription only).
- ^Megan Barnes, “On the Astro Twins: Building a Conscious Media Empire,” The Mogul Mom, May 13, 2014.
- ^The AstroTwins, Elle.com. Accessed November 20, 2015.
- ^The AstroTwins author page, LifetimeMoms.com. Accessed November 20, 2015.
- ^“The Royals: What’s in Store for Kate’s 33rd? Astrologers Predict Her Year Ahead,”People, January 8, 2015.
- ^“Interview Horoskop von The Astro Twins,”Interview (Germany), June 2015.
- ^Ophira and Tali Edut, “2015: bring it on,”The Sunday Times, December 28, 2014.
- ^ abKatie Heaney and Sami Main, “What It’s Actually Life To Have Your Astrological Chart Read,”Buzzfeed, May 21, 2014.
- ^ ab“Psychic Ophira Edut sees marriage as a possibility for George Clooney in 2013, as well as for Kim and Kanye,”New York Daily News, January 1, 2013.
- ^Ava Feuer, “Typical ‘Mom’ Traits for Every Sign of the Zodiac,”Redbook, April 15, 2014.
- ^Selene Milano, “Written in the Stars: Your Astrology Guide to Valentine’s Day Beauty,”InStyle, February 13, 2015.
- ^AstroTwins, Nordstrom.com. Accessed November 20, 2015.
- ^Tali & Ophira Edut, “The Balance of Wellness,” virginhotels.com, November 2015.
- ^“It’s In The Genes,”Gotham, 2007.
- ^“You Are What You Wear On Your Feet,”Live From The Couch, CBS New York, January 25, 2013.
- ^The Real Housewives of New Jersey, season 6, episode 19, Bravo, November 20, 2014.
- ^Haley Goldberg, “Haikus and horoscopes for hire by these creative party teams,”New York Post, December 12, 2014.
- ^ abVictoria Taylor, “Parenting by the stars: Astrology guide offers motherhood tips by zodiac sign,”New York Daily News, August 13, 2014.
- ^Tracy Moore, “Raise Your Kid Right – According to Their Zodiac Sign,”Jezebel, May 8, 2014.
- ^“The AstroTwins,” Mind Body Green. Accessed November 20, 2015.
- ^Alana Newton, “Edut, 34, and Sleebos, 38,”New York Post, December 23, 2007.
- ^“A Polaroid-themed Seattle artist’s loft with an altar in every room,” Offbeat Home & Life, March 2011.
- ^“Tali and Cory’s Astro-Polaroid Style,”Apartment Therapy, June 24, 2011.