Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the web’s best products. If you purchase through our links, we may receive a commission. Our editorial team is independent and only endorses products we believe in.
Astrology is the study of the correlation between celestial movements and earthly events, and r/astrology is a community for sharing news and information about astrological topics. This is a community for discussing and learning astrology, not for personal chart and life questions. Enter: Sanctuary Astrology, an app that offers personalized horoscopes, chart readings, and live chats with astrologers, psychics, and tarot readers. While the app provides free daily horoscopes and astrology guides, users can purchase live readings on an as-needed basis. An in-person chart reading with a professional astrologer can cost a.
- Free Will Astrology: Week of March 11, 2021 PISCES: Explore a previously taboo part of your life. Free Will Astrology: Week of March 26, 2020 ARIES: Walk the path with meditative grace. Free Will Astrology: Week of March 29, 2018 Aries: initiate big, bold projects.
- What's your sign? Celebrate your astrological sign with a tote bag by declaring your astrology sign to the world. Beyond merchandise, get a peek into your future with a forecast that gives you all the most important dates for 2020 full of love, money and magic.
As the resident astrologer at TQE (and the one subscribed to the greatest number of newsletters from spiritual gurus and psychics alike), I’ve noticed more people turning to mystical practices to find some clarity amidst the uncertainty and upheaval of 2020. This excites me; I believe that tools like astrology and tarot can help us better understand complex life situations and navigate difficult decisions. And yet, entering this numinous world with little-to-no guidance can be overwhelming at best, and hopelessly confusing at worst.
Enter: Sanctuary Astrology, an app that offers personalized horoscopes, chart readings, and live chats with astrologers, psychics, and tarot readers. While the app provides free daily horoscopes and astrology guides, users can purchase live readings on an as-needed basis. An in-person chart reading with a professional astrologer can cost a couple hundred dollars. But what if you just have a few questions you need answered? It’s 2020 -- how many of us have a spare hundred dollars to spend analyzing the time we were born? Typically $2.99 per minute, Sanctuary’s live readings are sold in increments of 10, 15, 20, or 30 minutes (and Sanctuary offers an intro deal, at $4.99 for a 5-minute reading, to all new users).
Sanctuary’s unique model -- which connects users to real astrologists, psychics, and tarot readers -- pays experts to deliver personalized and quality information. Compare this to other apps on the market (I won’t shame them by name), which use algorithms to deliver readings that feel real, but might not actually be all that insightful (and don’t support astrologers who have spent time and money honing their skills).
An Astrologer On Speed-Dial
I love astrology. But, because I’ve done a good deal of my own research and study on the topic, I’m extra picky about where I place my trust. I don’t like resources or readers that portray astrology as predictive or fatalistic, and I like to think I have a good sense of the authenticity of a reading.
Sanctuary Astrology 2021
Armed with these high standards, I decided to try anon-demand reading from Sanctuary. I used my fifteen-minute credit around the time of the Winter Solstice; this solstice, from a cosmological perspective, was anticipated to be a transformative event. For the first time in over six hundred years, Jupiter and Saturn would both be in the same sign of Aquarius. Translation: December 21 was an important date, and I wanted to know what it meant for my particular chart.
In less than a minute, my astrologer Hailey began messaging me. Hailey not only gave me a detailed breakdown of what was going on with the stars as it related to me and my chart personally, but also offered several actionable tools (like types of journaling and creative daily habits) that have helped me to find more clarity and productivity in the week since my reading.
I appreciated having a reading in the format of a live chat, especially because I did not have just one specific question to ask of my astrologer. As Hailey gave me more details on different aspects of my chart and the status of the cosmos, I was able to ask new and more well-informed questions -- which made the 15-minute reading feel truly valuable.
Bonus Points: Free Content And Daily Horoscopes That Deliver
In addition to a direct line to astrologers, tarot readers, and psychics, Sanctuary also provides daily horoscopes, which are displayed in-app like text messages. Simply respond to read your forecast for your Sun, Ascendant, and Moon signs -- and prepare to be as impressed as I was by the accuracy of the readings.
The Sanctuary App
The app also has a “Guides” section filled with different astrological concepts -- moon phases, nodes, aspects, transits, and so many more. Click on any of the topics, and a new chat will open, offering an interactive explanation of everything from different astrological modalities, to all you need to know about Retrogrades and Saturn Returns. Picatrix the classic medieval handbook of astrological magic book.
Sanctuary has channeled an encyclopedic volume of astrological knowledge into an engaging, streamlined, and precise package. Whether you’re looking to dive deep into the cosmos or just want to know a little more about your Sun sign, Sanctuary has the guide, horoscope, and live reading for you.
5 More Reasons To Love Sanctuary:
- Sanctuary’s all-access library -- available in the “Guides” section of the app -- is a treasure trove of free learning material for the astrological novice and mystical expert alike.
- Sanctuary’s Instagram, peppered with horoscope humor, fun graphics, and bite-sized astrological insights, is sure to make you a superfan of the app (if you aren’t already).
- Sanctuary employs real astrologers and experts not only to give live readings, but also to develop the app content -- so you can be sure you’re supporting experienced readers with your dollar, not algorithms.
- As part of Sanctuary’s intro package, new users can try a 5-minute reading for only $0.99 per minute.
- Seeking more clarity for the coming year than you had in 2020? Sanctuary offers in-depth 2021 forecasts for each sign -- download yours here.