In Vedic AstrologyJyotiṣa, the Lagna (Sanskritलग्न) or Ascendant, is the first moment of contact between the soul and its new life on earth in Jyotiṣa. Lagna's Rashi and Nakshatra represents the 'Atman' (Soul) of an Individual Person while the Lagna Lord represents the Ruler of the Horoscope and therefore the Rashi & Nakshatra where the Lagna Lord is positioned is equally very important as the Lagna Lord also absorbs the traits and qualities of that specific Rashi & Nakshatra.
- Reading Lagna Vedic Astrology Daily
- Reading Lagna Vedic Astrology Chart
- Reading Lagna Vedic Astrology Chart Pdf
Jyotish Studio is the Best Vedic Astrology Software in 2019. Free Demo Downloads. Readings Reports, User Friendly, Best Interface.
- Astrology varies with countries, cultures, sects, religions, and customs. But root concepts are the same everywhere. Sri Lankan astrology used Indian Vedic Astrology with some modifications from the family of King Rawana's concepts & Lord Buddha's teachings. As Buddhists, we believe that influences from birth chart mean our karma & also as.
- Indian Vedic Palmistry is a science of hand reading that predicts the past, present and future of humanbeings. There are two parts in Palmistry. Cheirognomy refers to the pads and mounts of the palm in judging the positive and negative traits and psychology of a person.
Beliefs and functions
One's Ascendant, or Lagna, is the degree of the rāśi (or sign) and nakshatra (or constellation) specifically the nakshatra pada (also known as the division of a constellation into 4 different parts) which is rising on the eastern horizon at the time of one's birth.
Udaya lagna - The Most Effective Point
The Most Effective Point (MEP) of the Ascendant - Lagna, is that point of the zodiacal belt that coincides with the position of the horizon at the time of birth, for a given place of birth.
This is more specifically called the Udaya Lagna to differentiate it from charts in which other points are used to determine the first house of the horoscope (see below.) The Udaya Lagna is the most important factor that plays an influential role within the natal chart.
This Udaya Lagna also frequently referred to as Lagna will show what is the reality that will happen to a person in his real life and also the characteristics of that Lagna's Rasi and Nakshatra will be impressed upon the person or event being born affecting his character, behaviour, personality and also individuality in a very influential way.
This sign known as the Udaya Lagna will be considered the first house of the horoscope, and the enumeration of the other houses follows in sequence through the rest of the signs of the zodiac. In this way, the Lagna does not only delineate the rising sign, but also all the other houses in the chart.
Division of lagnam and raasi
The division of lagnam is same as raasi (1 raasi has 9 nakshatra padas). It is the same twelve division of a complete day each of duration two hours. However, the deﬁnition of lagnam is related to an individual time and place of birth. This is to diﬀerentiate between two persons born on the same day but at diﬀerent places (or diﬀerent longitudinal divisions) or two persons born on same day, same place but at diﬀerent time of the day.
In modern terms this is to diﬀerentiate people born on the same day but at diﬀerent time zones. Thus, a person born on same day but in diﬀerent longitudinal division is born while Earth is facing diﬀerent raasi and nakshatra. Thus, lagnam of a person is the raasi and nakshatra faced by the part of the Earth surface on which he is born. Fix a point on the surface of earth.
Note that the point will face all the 12 segments (raasis) of celestial sky, and also the 27 different nakshatra's while the earth spins on its axis. Since the raasis are 30 degree segment, the point will take 2 hours (or 5 nazhigais or 2.5 muhurtam) to move from one raasi to other. A day is divided in to 12 lagnams or ascendant with each lagnam of two hour duration. A person’s lagnam is the lagnam on which he is born on a given day of the given place.
Use in matchmaking
Next, another Lagna used in astrology, which is the rāśi (or sign) and nakshatra (constellation) in which the moon is found at birth. Usually the Moon's rasi and nakshatra are used to see marriage compatibility between a boy and a girl because it's easy to locate the position of the moon based on the Panchanga but each and every individual must know the following:
The matching based on the Moon's Rasi and Nakshatra will not be very accurate. That is because the accuracy is not more than 10% and so it is advised to always look at the Lagna's (Rasi & Nakshatra) for Marriage Matchmaking (which increases the accuracy to about 50%).
The other 40% of marriage matchmaking is known as Jathagam Porutham (Matching of the Birth Chart and also the Navamsa Chart of both boy and girl) which is equally important together with reference to the Lagna and that will include all the planetary positions, Naga Dosham and Kala Sarpa Dosham (Position of Rahu-Ketu), Kalathra Dosham or Mangalya Dosham [Position of (Mars-for both), (Venus-for boy) and (Jupiter-for girl), etc. that needs to be taken into account to fulfil the other 40% requirement.
The Candra Lagna chart, which is also another way used to analyze the horoscope, is a chart in which the Moon's house is treated as the first house of the horoscope and the enumeration of the other houses are made starting from that rāśi and continuing in sequence throughout the rest of the zodiac signs.
The astrologer will use the Candra Lagna only to see from the perspective of what one desires from his or her mind (Another note has to be taken here, ones desires will always remain as desires and not always fulfilled in real life) since the Moon's position is the reflection of the mind among planets.
Calculation of Lagna
The Lagna of a person always changes in about an average of 2 hours which makes the Lagna the fastest in movement and the second position goes to the Moon.
1 day is equal to 24 hours and the Lagna successfully completes a rotation around the 12 rashis within the 24 hours (an average of 2 hours for each rashi) which also means that the Lagna completes the 27 nakshatras and 108 nakshatra padas in a day.
The calculation of the Lagna is usually based on the time and place of birth when the child that the doctor has delivered begins to show signs of life (crying) and might be difficult to calculate for those who never recorded their Birth Time and therefore most astrologers end up using the Moon's rashi and nakshatra which is always termed and generally taken as the Janma Rashi and Janma Nakshatra.
The Moon's rashi and nakshatra does not give an accurate and acute reading of a person's character and so it is to be taken as third importance only after Lagna's and Lagnathipathi/Lagna Lord's (Rashi & Nakshatra) because:
1. As mentioned above the Moon represents the Mind and also the Moon's Rasi and Nakshatra represents a mirror image of an individual person whereby you can never judge a person just by their appearance as you never know what they are from the bottom of their heart (only Lagna's Rasi and Nakshatra can define a person in this case). This is also akin to the quality and characteristics of the moon that only reflects and imitates the light of the sun during the night.
2. Its importance only arises when you want to calculate the Mahadasha and Vimshottari Dasha of an individuals chart. The results obtained from each of the Mahadasha and Vimshottari Dasha are to be taken from the Lagna respectively.
3. The Moon takes about 2 1/4 days to 2 1/2 days to complete 1 Rashi and almost 1 day to complete 1 Nakshatra so it will be very common to see many people being born in the same nakshatra but when you come across these people in real life (twins as an example) you'll be surprised to notice that they're not the same in character even though they're born in the same Nakshatra.
This difference will arise when their Lagna's positions (Rashi, Nakshatra and Nakshatra padas) changes. Therefore the purpose of the whole birth chart of the individual person also changes.
The Kalapurusha's Zodiacs
Kalapurusha's Head to Feet (Exterior Body Parts) represents the 12 zodiacs that begin with:
- Aries stands for his head
- Taurus for His face
- Gemini for the Neck and shoulders
- Cancer for chest and heart
- Leo for his stomach and its organs
- Virgo for his Hips
- Libra represents the lower abdominal and spinal region
- Scorpio for the reproductive organs and kidney etc
- Sagittarius is the thigh
- Capricorn is the Knees
- Aquarius is the calf
- Pisces is the feet.
While the nine planets resembles The Kalapurusha's (Inner Body Parts) that begins with:
- Sun: Body Parts It Denotes: Soul, Stomach, bone, right eye, heart, skin, belly, head constitution of body.
- Moon: Body Parts It Denotes: Mind, heart, lungs, eye, brain, blood, breast, body fluids, intestines, renal ducts, lymphatic duct and artery.
- Mars: Body Parts It Denotes: Blood, marrow, energy, neck, veins, genitals, neck, red blood cells, anal, female organs and body energy.
- Mercury: Body Parts It Denotes: Brain, hair, face, chest, nervous system, skin, nose, gallbladder, lungs, tongue and arms.
- Jupiter: Body Parts It Denotes: Jupiter is the karaka of thighs, fat, brain, liver, kidneys, lungs, ears, tongue, memory, spleen etc.
- Venus: Body Parts It Denotes: Overall physical appearance, face, facial expressions, eyes, genitals, urine, reproductive organs, throat and glands.
- Saturn: Body Parts It Denotes: Lower body parts, legs, bones, knee, bone-joints, muscles, teeth, skin, hair and ears.
- Rahu: Body Parts It Denotes: Legs, neck, lungs and breathing.
- Ketu: Body Parts It Denotes: Belly (stomach), feet and claws.
All of these are included in and as a single entity known as the Kalapurusha. As stated earlier, Sage Parashara have mentioned that the Lagna and the Lagna Lord resembles the Kalapurusha. Therefore, Sage Parashara had given a strong emphasis on the prime importance of the Lagna and also the Lagna Lord. So it is important for an Individual not to ignore the position of their Lagna's (Rasi & Nakshatra) because it represents individuality, character, behavior, attitude, intelligence, personality, etc. To sum up the Lagna (Lagna's Rasi & Nakshatra) is the Atman (Soul) of the individual person whereas the Lagna Lord and its (Rashi & Nakshatra) represents the single most important planet in the horoscope and also how and where are you going to utilize all of the aforementioned qualities obtained from the Lagna to focus and succeed your ambition and motive in your life.
Rarely used lagnas
In addition, the ṛṣiParāśara mentioned a few other special ascendants or Viśeṣa Lagni. to be used in special circumstances, including:
Reading Lagna Vedic Astrology Daily
- Sūrya Lagna (ascendant counted from sign where the natal Sun is located)
- Kāraka Lagna (significator taken as ascendant for all grahas)
- Varṇaḍā Lagna (for social company)
- Śrī Lagna (for prosperity and marriage)
- Indu Lagna (for wealth)
- Horā Lagna (for financial prosperity)
- Gati Lagna (for name and fame)
Lastly, there are some Lagnas which are determined by factors outside the chart, and are used for electional and horary charts. These are:
- Dig Lagna (first house is determined by compass direction)
- Śabda Lagna (first house is determined by the 'words a client utters')
- Sparṣa Lagna (first house is determined by a part of the body which is touched)
- Nāma Lagna (first house is determined by the numerology of the person's name)
The term Ārūḍha Pada is also known as 'Pada'. Ārūḍha literally means 'mount' and refers to the IMAGE of a sign falling on another due to 'reflection of the rays emanating from it and being reflected by its lord.
Keeping the reflection in view, the Kāraka (Significator) can be taken to be the Moon. Count from a sign to its lord. Then count as many signs from the lord to arrive at the ĀRŪḌHA PADA. For example, if the Lagna Lord (Lagneśa) is in the fifth house, then count five signs from the Lagneśa to arrive at the ninth house. This ninth house becomes the Ārūḍha Pada for the Lagna.
Exception: The Ārūḍha Pada cannot be in the same sign or the seventh from it. In case this happens, then choose the tenth house therefrom. For example, if the Lagneśa is in the 4th house, then the Ārūḍha Lagna should be in the 4th from the 4th house i.e. the 7th house. But since this is not allowed, the tenth therefrom should be chosen. The tenth from the 7th house is the 4th house and the 4th house becomes the Ārūḍha Lagna.
Ārūḍha of 1st house is also called PADA LAGNA or ĀRŪḌHA LAGNA. Ārūḍha Lagna stands for 'manifestation of self, in this Māyā (illusory)world'. In this manner Ārūḍha Pada can be computed for all the houses. They are called Dhana Pada (2nd), Bhrātṛpada (3rd), Mātṛ Pada (4th), Mantrapada (5th), Śatrupada (6th), Dāra Pada (7th), Roga pada (8th), Bhāgyapada (9th), Rājyapada (10th), Lābhapada (11th) and Upapada (12th). Jaimini discussed Ārūḍha Lagna (AL) and Upapada (UL) extensively in his classical treatise.
- ^The Essentials of Vedic and thantrik Astrology, by Komilla Sutton, The Wessex Astrologer Ltd, England, 1999, p.96.
- ^'Sri Ramana Maharshi's Moksha', by Sri Sankara Bhagavadpada, Yogi Impressions, India, 2008, p.49 http://hinduworldastrology.net/index.php?module=book&action=samples#
- ^Light on Life: An Introduction to the Astrology of India, by Hart deFouw and Robert Svoboda, Penguin, 1996, pp.45–46.
Free Janmakundali/ Janamkundli full life report
Get your Vedic Horoscope with life predictions online instantly for free.
Get your Janmakundali with predictions, yogas, doshas and dasha predictions
Astrology helps human to have a better life and future. To know the future of a person and his life, we need to check his Horoscope. This Vedic Horoscope or Indian or Hindu Horoscope tells about our future and guides us to achieve a better future and successful life. To check our Horoscope, we need the date of birth, time of birth and place of birth details. There are so many methods in Astrology like Western Astrology, Vedic Astrology, Chinese Astrology etc.
Free Janma kundali, Jatakam with complete Predictions
Our online Vedic Horoscope Software gives a detailed analysis of your life based on your birth chart instantly. Scorpio single daily love horoscope. You can get your complete Vedic Astrology report with precise predictions about your life, including future predictions based on Vimshottari dasha. You can get your Rashi (Moon Sign), Nakshatra (Birth Star) details along with Lucky Points including Lucky numbers based on Vedic Astrology, Avakahada Chakra (useful for marriage matching), Ghata Chakra (Inauspicious days, months etc.), Lagna (Ascendant), Navamsha (D-9) and Bhava Kundali, House strength, Planetary Strength, lifetime Vimshottari dasha, bhukti and Pratyantar dasha details and predictions based on your birth chart, Ascendant, planetary positions and Vishottari Dasha predictions. You can choose the North Indian style or South Indian style Kundalis while filling the birth data form.
All Varga charts added. Scroll down to fill your birth details and check detailed Janmakundali. scroll down to fill your birth details.
Now you can get your detailed Janam Kundli in Hindi Language also.
अब हिंदी में भी जनम कुंडली। हिंदी में अपने चार्ट चक् कर्ने के लिये यहा क्लिक करिये।
Reading Lagna Vedic Astrology Chart
తెలుగులో ఫలితాలతో కూడిన మీ పూర్తి జాతక చక్రము కావాలంటే ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
With this Hindu or Vedic Horoscope service, you can take a printout of your Janmakundali, or you can take a printout of it to PDF using Google Chrome's inbuilt print to PDF option. Please fill below give birth data form to get your Vedic Horoscope instantly.
If you want to check about your newborn, we have a special online, free service for that. In this service, you can get Astrological details of your newborn. In this report, you will get Newborn Rashi, Nakshatra, Janmakshar, Nakshatra, Tithi dosha vivaran, a suggestion of suitable naming letters and basic birth chart. Please click here to check your newborn Kundali in English. This free online service is also available in Hindi and Telugu Languages.
Thanks for visiting
Onlinejyotish.com giving Vedic Astrology services from 2004. Your help and support needed to provide more free Vedic Astrology services through this website. Please share https://www.onlinejyotish.com on your Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, GooglePlus and other social media networks. This will help us as well as needy people who are interested in Free Astrology and Horoscope services. Spread your love towards onlinejyotish.com and Vedic Astrology. Namaste!!!
Sarve Bhadrani Pashyanthu, Ma kashchith Duhkhabhag Bhaveth
Om Shantih, Shantih, Shantih
What is Horoscope or Birth Chart or Natal Report?
Horoscope is a snap shot of the sky and planetary positions at the birth time of a person. It tells about ones life past, present and future with the help of the placement of planets in various signs and stars.
What is the use of Horoscope?
By reading a Horoscope, one can predict so many life events and details from birth to death. In Vedic Astrology, we analyze Lagna Kundli (birth chart), Navamsha kundali (D-9 chart), other divisional charts and Dasha system.Horoscope tells about one’s past and future. Placement of planets at the birth time indicates various life events. It also tells about one’s nature, behavior, physical features, life style, education, health, career, love, marriage, children etc. it also helps in solving problems we face in our life. Like health issues, delay in marriage, child birth, career problems etc.
What details do we need to know about our Horoscope?
To know Horoscope, one should have an accurate date of birth, time of birth and place of birth details. Date of birth helps to find planetary positions for the day. Time of birth and place of birth helps to find Ascendant and other house positions. These two things, planetary positions, and house positions help to erect horoscope and predict about life.
Reading Lagna Vedic Astrology Chart Pdf
Do we get solutions for our problems with the help of Vedic Astrology?
Yes, the main benefit of Astrology is not knowing future but making future and solving our problems. Our horoscope indicates about problems which we may face in our life. Indian Astrology has a feature that is called remedial methods. There are so many remedies for every problem we face in our life. Remedies life chanting of planetary mantras, Yagya, donations etc. will solve our problems caused by past karma and helps us to build better future.