May 17 Zodiac Sign - Taurus
May 17 Zodiac Sign Is Taurus. Birthday Horoscope of People Born On May 17 says you are a smart person. Find out about May 17 Zodiac Compatibility, Famous Birthdays. Know about your Birthday Tarot Cards, Numerology, Lucky Numbers, Lucky Colors, Birthstones, Lucky Days. As a Taurus Born On May 17 You Have Some VERY Unique & Interesting Strengths and Characteristics, Read Your Full Birthday Horoscope & Astrological Profile At Our Website 17 May Birthday Horoscope & Astrological Profile for Taurus Zodiac Sign.
- The second sign of the zodiac, begins on April 21 and ends on May 21. Earth sign, ruled by Venus, which confers sensitivity, stability and depth to the emotions, and kind provisions. Taurus people are, in general, beauty lovers, comfort, everything that gives pleasure, and romanticism in particular.
- May 17 Zodiac Birthday Signs - Your high idealism, determination, and gregarious personality suggest that you can excel in almost anything. When positive, you project charisma, strong enthusiasm, and belief in your own ideas. Your birthday also points to a natural talent for dealing with people on a personal level.
Being a Taurus born on May 17th, your personality is defined by loyalty and discipline. Above all, you value your family and home life, which explains for your undying loyalty and devotion. In all matters, you keep your loved ones best interests at heart. While your family and friends appreciate your loyalty, it may be your discipline that demands the most admiration. In your work you are organized, hard working and committed to success.
May 17 Birthday Element - Earth
Your sign’s paired element is Earth and in fact, of all the zodiac signs, only the Taurus has a fixed connection with Earth. Thanks to your elemental influence, your personality is as stable and firm as the very ground you walk on. In this sense, Earth can make you stubborn, but it also makes you practical. In all of your efforts and goals, Earth keeps you grounded and realistic. Embracing earthly prudence will play a key role in your future successes. However, you must avoid the overly cautious attitude that can plague Earth zodiac signs.
May 17 Ruling Planet - Venus
Venus is the planetary ruler of the Taurus, but as you were born in the third Decan, or part, of the sign, Saturn lends you a dose of its power as well. Being the planet of harmony, the influence of Venus can be witnessed in your social, cooperative and beauty-loving qualities. Similarly, it is the influence of Saturn, the planet of control, that links to your discipline, perseverance and wisdom. More so than any of the Taurus Decans, your unique blend of planetary power makes you patient. In situations that seem obviously frustrating, you rarely fail to display patience and understanding. While your hard work could earn you much praise, you prefer to stay out of the spotlight. Your main focuses in life are material security and family, so you find little value in accolades.
May 17 Taurus Personality
Tauruses born on May 17 enjoy the pursuit of excellence. They are intelligent though not showy about what they know; for this reason they may not be perceived as especially brilliant by others. And that’s fine, since they are not concerned with how their actions are perceived by others.
May Birthday Horoscope
17 May Birthday
Holidays and Observances
2021 Daily Holidays that fall on May 17, include:
- International Child Helpline Day
- International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia
- National Cherry Cobbler Day
- National Mushroom Hunting Day
- National Pack Rat Day
- National Walnut Day
- Pinot Grigio Day
- Supply Chain Professional Day - May 17, 2021 (Third Monday in May)
- World Hypertension Day
- World Information Society Day
- World Neurofibromatosis Day (NF Day)
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day
- World Telecommunication Day
2021 Weekly Holidays that include May 17, are:
- American Craft Beer Week - May 17-23, 2021
- Emergency Medical Services Week (EMS) - May 16-22, 2021
- Healthcare Documentation Integrity Week - May 16-22, 2021 (Third Week in May) (Formerly named National Medical Transcription Week)
- International Heritage Breeds Week - May 16-22, 2021 (Third Week of May)
- Medical Transcriptionist Week - May 16-22, 2021 (Third Week in May)
- National Bike to Work Week - May 17-21, 2021 (Third M-F Week in May)
- National Eosinophil Awareness Week - May 16-22, 2021 (Third Week in May)
- National Foul Ball Week - May 16-21
- National Heritage Breeds Week - May 16-22, 2021 (Third Full Week in May)
- National New Friends, Old Friends - May 16-22, 2021 (Third Week in May)
- National Transportation Week - May 16-22, 2021 (Always has Third Friday in May)
- National Unicycle Week - May 16-22, 2021 (Begins on Third Sunday in May)
- Prepare Tomorrow's Parents Month - May 9 - June 20, 2021
- Shavuot - Evening of May 16 to Evening of May 17, 2021
- UN Global Road Safety Week - May 17-23, 2021
- World Schizophrenia Awareness Week - May 12-18, 2021
- World Trade Week - May 16-22, 2021 (Third Week in May)
2021 Monthly Holidays that include May 17, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our May Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of May.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I'll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Cannes International Film Festival - May 11-22, 2021 in Cannes, France is the most prestigious and most publicized film festival in the World.
The Astrological Sign for May 17 is Taurus.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for May are:
- The Lily of the Valley - Humility, Chastity and Sweetness - signifies a return to happiness
The Birthstone(s) for May is the Emerald which is a symbol of rebirth and is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth.
- 1931 - Marshall Applewhite, American cult leader who founded Heaven's Gate and organized their mass suicide in 1997 (d. 1997)
- 1934 - Ronald Wayne, American computer scientist and author who co founded Apple Inc., but sold his rights early on
- 1936 - Dennis Hopper, American actor and director (True Grit, Easy Rider) (d. 2010)
- 1955 - Bill Paxton, American actor and director (Aliens, Apollo 13, Titanic, Hatfield's & McCoy's)
- 1956 - Charles (Sugar Ray) Leonard, American Boxer and actor who received an Olympic Gold Medal in 1976
- 1956 - Bob Saget, American comedian, actor and television host (Full House)
- 1961- Enya (Eithne Ni Bhraonain), Irish singer, songwriter, and producer
- 1985 - Derek Hough, American dancer, singer, and actor (Dancing with the Stars)
- 1727 - Catherine I of Russia (b. 1684)
- 1875 - John C. Breckinridge, American lawyer and 14th Vice President of the United States (b. 1821)
- 1886 - John Deere, American blacksmith and businessman who founded the Deere & Company which manufactured agricultural equipment (b. 1804)
- 1992 - Lawrence Welk, American bandleader and accordionist (Lawrence Welk Show) (b. 1903)
- 2004 - Tony Randall, American actor, director, and producer (The Odd Couple) (b. 1920)
- 2012 - Donna Summer, American singer, songwriter and Queen of Disco! (b. 1948)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1536 - The annulment of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn's marriage
- 1923 - Singer and Actress Marlene Dietrich marries assistant director Rudolf Sieber. They remained married until his death in 1976.
- 1997 - Actor Sylvester Stallone marries model, Jennifer Flavin
Quote of the Day
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
What does it mean to have good emotional health? Many times we emotionally eat, because we do not understand what it means to be emotionally healthy, and we have unrealistic expectations of ourselves. When we do not measure up to our expectations, we eat! Healthy diet habits, promote good emotional health!
The key to good emotional health, is the belief that you are a person of great worth, no matter what has happened in your past. You are wonderfully and fearfully made! That is a truly amazing Lifestyle Solution, to see yourself as a person of great worth!
Find out what good emotional health is not, and find out what Good Emotional Health is from Kerry of Healthy Diet Habits! (link goes to her website)
This Day in History
- 1590 - Anne of Denmark is crowned Queen of Scotland
- 1620 - The 1st merry-go-round is seen at a fair in Philippapolis, Turkey
- 1775 - During the American Revolutionary War, the Continental Congress prohibits trade with Canada
- 1792 - The New York Stock Exchange is formed
- 1804 - Lewis & Clark begin exploration of Louisiana Purchase
- 1814 - Denmark cedes Norway to Sweden
- 1845 - The rubber band is patented
- 1849 - St. Louis, Missouri is nearly burned to the ground by a large fire
- 1865 - The International Telegraph Union is established in Paris and later renamed as the International Telecommunication Union
- 1877 - The 1st telephone switchboard burglar alarm is installed by Edwin T. Holmes
- 1883 - Buffalo Bill Cody's 1st wild west show debuts in Omaha, Nebraska
- 1884 - Alaska becomes a U.S. territory
- 1890 - The 1st weekly comic paper, Comic Cuts is published in London
- 1898 - Camp Merritt forms in Presidio San Francisco
- 1906 - The Simplon Tunnel in Switzerland is open to rail traffic
- 1915 - The National Baptist Convention is chartered
- 1938 - U.S. Congress approves the Vinson Naval Act, which funds a two-ocean Navy
- 1940 - During World War II, Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium
- 1944 - General Eisenhower sets D-Day for June 5th
- 1973 - Televised hearings begin in the U.S. Senate over the Watergate scandal
- 1987 - The U.S. Navy warship USS Stark is fired on by an Iraqi Dassault Mirage F1 fighter who fires to missiles, killing 37 and injuring 21 of the crew.
- 1989 - Vincent Van Gogh's painting, Portrait of Dr. Gachet is auctioned for $825 million
- 2006 - The aircraft carrier USS Oriskany is sunk in the Gulf of Mexico to use as an artificial reef
- 2013 - A series of bombings across Iraq kill 90 people and injures 200 more
This Day in Music
- 1963 - The Monterey Folk Festival debuts with Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger, Joan Baez, and Peter, Paul and Mary
- 1971 - Knock Three Times by Dawn hits #1 on the UK singles chart
- 1973 - The Yes Album and Yessongs are certified gold
- 1975 - I'm Not in Love, by 10CC is released
- 1975 - That's the Way of the World by Earth Wind and Fire hits #1 on the album charts
- 1975 - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John is certified platinum.
- 1983 - Let's Dance by David Bowie hits #1 on the US charts
- 1986 - Greatest Love of All by Whitney Houston hits #1
- 2008 - Madonna's album Hard Candy hits #1 on the US charts
- 2009 - 21st Century Breakdown by Green Day hits #1 on the UK album charts
- 2009 - Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas hits #1 on the UK singles chart
May 17 Astrological Sign
Above, is Enya's Only Time - She was born on this day, May 17, 1961
Astrology Birth chart or the Natal Chart is a astrological chart which shows the position of the sun, the moon and other planets at the exact time of a person's birth at a particular place on earth. To draw an accurate birth chart of rasi chart, one has to know his date of birth, exact time of birth and also the place of birth.
Please check out our Music Holidays page!
This Day in Sports
- 1859 - Australian Rules Football first 'law of the game' is published
- 1860 - German football club TSV 1860 Munchen is founded
- 1875 - Oliver Lewis aboard Aristides wins the 1st Kentucky Derby in 2:37.75
- 1927 - The Chicago Cubs beat the Boston Braves, 4-3 in 22 innings
- 1928 - The 9th Olympic Games opens in Amsterdam.
- 1970 - Hank Aaron becomes the 9th player to get 3,000 hits
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. (linguistics) The smallest linguistic unit within a word that can carry a meaning, such as 'un-', 'break', and '-able' in the word 'unbreakable'.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the awesome E-Business software that we are using for this site!