- His maternal uncle will be an intellectual person who will be impractical in worldly affairs and will dissipate his energy in fruitless pursuits. Here Mercury is the owner of the sixth and the ninth houses. This makes Mercury have a strong foreign influence in it.
- Addressed in green ink on yellowish parchment with a purple seal, they are swiftly confiscated by his grisly aunt and uncle. Then, on Harry's eleventh birthday, a great beetle-eyed giant of a man called Rubeus Hagrid bursts in with some astonishing news: Harry Potter is a wizard, and he has a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Career Astrology – As per Vedic Astrology, career or profession in simple meaning, a particular skill or skill set for which a male and female is trained or educated as per planetary position in horoscope which in turn helps in making a living or earning money for sustaining in society.
"I shall not now speak of the knowledge of the Hindus.of their subtle discoveries in the science of astronomy—discoveries even more ingenious than those of the Greeks and Babylonians—of their rational system of mathematics, or of their.
Ketu is also known by the names of Shikhi and Dhwaj in Vedic Astrology. This is why a flag (Dhwaj) is considered to be the shadow planet’s symbol. If you have any questions concerning the planet Ketu or wish to know its influence on your career, business, health, education, or family life according to your kundli, then click here to talk to our expert Acharya Mragaank.
People often think that Ketu is an inauspicious planet, but that is not the complete truth. The shadow planet doesn’t always offer negative results to the natives. Instead, when posited in the third or eleventh house of one’s kundali, it helps the person progress, and move forward in life. When in conjunction with the Sun or the Moon in a birth chart, Ketu forms the Grahan Dosha. Its effects on various aspects of your life, like business, marriage, family, etc. is rather extensive. Does your kundali have Grahan dosha? Get the answers to all your questions with Brihat Kundali. Moreover, understand the influence of Ketu and other planets, and get detailed information through precise kundali analysis, breakdown of planetary yogas and doshas, remedies, and more.
Ritu bhatia astrologer new. Ketu, when present in one’s kundali in a specific manner, can even offer Moksha to the native. Simultaneously, it can also create a Kalsarpa Yoga when positioned in a particular place. Its influence in the celestial globe is believed to be in the Vayavya Kone (angle), i.e., the north-west direction. When positively placed in a birth chart, the shadow planet can help a person reach heights of fame and honour. Such a person rises rapidly in their profession. If you are worried about your career, then you can easily find the solution in your personalized AstroSage CogniAstro Report.
Religious Importance Of Ketu And Its Impact On Life
रौद्रं रौद्रात्मकं घोरं तं केतुं प्रणमाम्यहम।।
raudraṃ raudrātmakaṃ ghoraṃ taṃ ketuṃ praṇamāmyahama।।
The one whose aura is like that of the Palash flower (Bastard teak/flame of the forest), who is of terrifying nature and son of Rudra, is exceptionally fierce, and dominant among planets like Taraka, etc. I bow to that Ketu.
According to Hindu mythology, a demoness Sinhika had a son Swarbhanu, who was intelligent, powerful, and ambitious. He wanted a place amongst the Devas (Gods). When the Demons and the Gods mutually decided to do the Samudra Manthan (churning of the ocean), several gems and finally the nectar of immortality, Amrit emerged from it. Both groups wanted to become immortal by drinking Amrit. Thus, as soon as the nectar appeared, the Devas and Danavas started fighting over it, as both wanted to quickly drink the nectar and gain eternal life.
The Devas went to Lord Shree Hari Vishnu for help. So, He took the avatar of gorgeous Mohini and enchanted all the demons with her beauty. At this point, Lord Vishnu slyly gave the Amrit to the Devas, while the Danavas drank wine, thinking it was the nectar. However, Swarbhanu somehow understood the Lord’s scheme and secretly went to sit with the Gods, waiting to drink the nectar.
As soon as Lord Vishnu, in his Mohini avatar, offered the nectar to Swarbhanu, the Sun and Moon Gods recognized the demon. They made this evident to Lord Vishnu, who immediately cut off Swarbhanu’s head with his Sudarshan Chakra in anger. But by then, the Danava had sipped the nectar.
To know more about Ketu and ways to appease it, click here to check our exclusive web story!
Although the Chakra separated his head and body, they were both immortal. Thus, Swarbhanu was given a place amongst the navagraha. Now his head is known as Rahu, and body, Ketu. To take revenge from Sun and Moon, who were responsible for recognizing him, the demon’s head and body eclipse the luminary planets. This is the reason, as per Vedic Astrology, why the Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse occur.
Ketu: The Dragon’s Tail
Ketu is always in retrograde motion. Although it is not visible, Astrology recognizes it as a shadow planet. Also known as the Dragon’s Tail, it does not have Lordship over any particular zodiac sign. However, Sagittarius and Gemini are the signs where it is considered to be in exalted and debilitated positions, respectively. Due to some differences in opinion, many also believe that the planet becomes exalted in Scorpio, and debilitated in Taurus.
If Ketu is posited in the Kendra Bhava (Central House) with the Lord of the Trine Houses (Trikon Bhava) or posited in the Trikon Bhava with the Lord of the Central House, then this becomes a powerful Raja Yoga Karak. Such positions help a person reach the heights of success quickly. The shadow planet makes one religious, and when positively placed, can help you become the head of a temple, holy place, or religious institution. Natives influenced by the Dragon’s Tail often put a flag on their vehicles.
Wishing For A Successful & Content Life? Raj Yoga Report Has All The Answers
Various Outcomes Attained From Ketu
A favourable and auspicious Ketu in one’s Kundali brings them fame and success. When positively placed, it offers one courage, spirituality, and gymnosophisty (solitude/quietude or Vairagya). On the flip side, negative influence of the shadow planet often leads to problems for the person. When inauspiciously placed, it weakens the native’s legs and alienates them from the love of their maternal grandfather and uncle. Moreover, it can create health issues pertaining to their spinal cord, knees, private parts, joint pain, kidney, leg, ear, etc.
The placement of planet Ketu causes a person to indulge in social service, connect with the field of spirituality and religion, help others, and work in tandem with religious institutions. Poisonous creatures, brown or black coloured animals and birds, etc. fall under the domain of the Drgaon’s Tail.
Various Shastras mention numerous ways to appease Ketu, and attain its positive influence. These include ordinations of wearing/carrying gemstones and yantras, fasting, chanting, as well as bathing in herbs and medicines. Vrihaddaivagya Ranjan, Garud Puran, Naarad Sanhita, Yantra Chintamani, and Shukra Neeti, etc. scriptures also mention the shadow planet in detail.
Ketu is of Jaimini gotra, its colour is that of smoke, and he wears smokey-colored clothes. His face is deformed and he rides an eagle. Both his hands hold a Vara Mudra and a Gada. His Adhi Lord is Chitragupta, while Brahma is his Pratyadhi Lord. His main mantra is: “ॐ ह्रीं ऐं केतवे नमः।/oṃ hrīṃ aiṃ ketave namaḥ.”
Ways To Appease Planet Ketu
According to various proven scriptures, one should wear the Lehsunia (Cats Eye) gemstone to appease Ketu. It removes all maleficence of the shadow planet from one’s kundali. As an alternative to Cats Eye, Firoza or Turquoise can be worn instead. If due to some reason, one cannot wear the gemstone of Ketu, then they can instead carry the Ketu Yantra with them. It should be worn on a Saturday, on an iron amulet.
मनुखेचरभूपतिथिविश्व शिवादिक् सप्तादशसूर्यमिता।
क्रमशो विलिखेन्नवकोष्ठमिते परिधार्य नरा दुःखनाशकराः।।
manukhecarabhūpatithiviśva śivādik saptādaśasūryamitā।
kramaśo vilikhennavakoṣṭhamite paridhārya narā duḥkhanāśakarāḥ।।
Wearing the Ketu Yantra in this manner helps remove all negative impacts of the shadow planet, Ketu.
Get Abundant Success & Mantra Of Prosperity With 200+ Pages Of Brihat Kundali
How To Observe Fasts For Ketu
- The fast for Ketu can be observed on Saturday.
- Apart from this, one can also fast for Ketu, on the day of another planet. This will be the Lord of whichever house the Dragon’s Tail is posited in.
- Tha fasts for Ketu should continue for eighteen Saturdays.
- The person fasting should wear brown coloured clothes on this day, and chant the following mantra: “ॐ स्राम स्रीम स्रौम सः केतवे नमः/oṃ srāma srīma srauma saḥ ketave namaḥ.”
- Chant this mantra on a rosary for eighteen, eleven, or five times.
- While you are chanting, keep a vessel filled with Durva grass, water, and Kusha near you.
- After you are done with the Ketu Mantra Jaap, offer this water in the roots of a Peepal tree.
- On the day of fasting, eat sweet Churma, sweet roti, and if the time allows, Rewari and items made of black sesame.
- At night, light a lamp (diya) of ghee (clarified butter), and place it in the roots of the Peepal tree.
- Observing this fast helps remove all fears and improves your relationship with your maternal grandfather and uncle.
- The person who fasts for Ketu gains name, fame, and respect, as well as is freed from the problems caused by the shadow planet.
Taking A Medicinal Bath For Ketu
The science of Astrology holds a certain significance for herbal baths, which can assuage all problems created by Ketu. As per this, if one wishes to appease the adverse effects of the shadow planet, they should chant the following mantra while bathing with these herbs:
Red Sandalwood, Lodhra, Gajamad, Musk (Kasturi), Nut Grass (Motha), Alkanet (Ratanjot), Sheep Urine, Pomegranate, and Heart-leaved Moonseed (Giloy/Guduchi). If all the above ingredients are not available, then get those obtainable in the maximum quantity that you can.
निषेधतीहाविकमूत्रमिश्रैः स्नानं नराढयैः करकामृताभ्याम्।।
niṣedhatīhāvikamūtramiśraiḥ snānaṃ narāḍhayaiḥ karakāmṛtābhyām।।
Donations For Ketu
केतोर्वैदूर्यममलं तैलं मृगमदं तथा।
ऊर्णांस्तिलैस्तु संयुक्ता दद्यात्क्लेशानुपत्तये।।
Ketorvaidūryamamalaṃ tailaṃ mṛgamadaṃ tathā।
ūrṇāṃstilaistu saṃyuktā dadyātkleśānupattaye।।
To eradicate the doshas of planet Ketu, donating a goat is highly auspicious. In addition to this, one can gain the blessings of the shadow planet by distributing Cats Eye gemstone, Musk (Kasturi), oils, woollen clothes, sesame, iron, blankets, Urad beans (Black gram), umbrellas, black flowers, Sapta Dhanya (seven types of grains – barley, sesame, rice, mung bean/green gram, foxtail millet, chickpeas, and wheat), and so on in charity.
Whenever you observe some remedies pertaining to the planet Ketu, you should chant the following mantra throughout it:
धूम्रो द्विबाहुर्वरदो गदाभृत् गृध्रासनस्थो विकृताननश्च।
किरीटकेयूरविभूषितांगः सदास्तु मे केतुगणः प्रशान्तः।।
dhūmro dvibāhurvarado gadābhṛt gṛdhrāsanastho vikṛtānanaśca।
kirīṭakeyūravibhūṣitāṃgaḥ sadāstu me ketugaṇaḥ praśāntaḥ।।
The one with smoke-like aura, the two-handed one, the holder of the Gada, posited on the pedestal of donkey, the fierce-faced one, whose body parts are adorned with a crown and armlets, and the mild-mannered Ketu – may he always bestow me with boons.
In some instances, Ketu is considered to be similar to Mars, i.e., in particular positions, the shadow planet offers results similar to that of the red planet. Just like Ketu, the effects of Rahu, Mars, and Saturn also influence your life significantly. The Shani Report created with the help of your birth details, helps answer all your questions concerning Saturn precisely. Moreover, it also tells you how this planet has the powers of affecting your life in this dangerous phase of Coronavirus.
Diseases Caused By Ketu
In certain circumstances, Ketu can become highly inauspicious, and thus cause physical and other problems. If:
- The shadow planet is posited in its debilitated sign (Taurus or Gemini) with Venus, or
- Ketu is with Saturn in the ascendant or fifth house of one’s kundali, or
- The shadow planet is transiting through the seventh or eighth house of one’s birth chart or transit chart with the Sun
- The planet Ketu is posited in its enemy sign (Aries, Cancer, or Leo) in the second, third, fifth, or seventh house of the kundali, with Saturn – and the Sun is aspecting it
Then, in these situations, the shadow planet Ketu can become quite problematic for the native. If Ketu is afflicted in your birth chart, then you can face problems like:
Cholera, cancer, anaemia, pneumonia, burns, skin diseases, contagious or infectious disease, asthma, urinary diseases, biliary diseases, itching in the body, constipation, troubles from malefic spirits, rashes, tantra troubles, black magic, or haemorrhoids.
How Will Planet Ketu Influence Your Life? Ask A Question From Our Astrologers
Ketu Mantras & Special Remedies
The Beej mantras and other such Ketu mantras can help one easily receive the blessings of the shadow planet. These are:
ॐ ह्रीं ऐं केतवे नमः
Vedic Astrology Signs
Oṃ hrīṃ aiṃ ketave namaḥ
ॐ कें केतवे नमः
Oṃ keṃ ketave namaḥ
ॐ स्रां स्रीं स्रौं सः केतवे नमः
Maternal Uncle Vedic Astrology Characteristics
Oṃ srāṃ srīṃ srauṃ saḥ ketave namaḥ
ॐ केतुं कृण्वन्नकेतवे पेशो मर्या अपेशसे।
समुषद्भिरजायथाः ।। (यजुर्वेद २९ ३७)
Oṃ ketuṃ kṛṇvannaketave peśo maryā apeśase।
Samuṣadbhirajāyathāḥ ।। (Yajurveda 29 37)
The Brahmanda Purana also mentions a Ketu Sloka which is a prayer to be rid of all pains:
महाशिरा महावक्त्रो दीर्घदंष्ट्रो महाबलः।
अतनुश्चाोर्ध्वकेशश्च पीडां हरतु मे शिखी ।।
mahāśirā mahāvaktro dīrghadaṃṣṭro mahābalaḥ।
atanuścāordhvakeśaśca pīḍāṃ haratu me śikhī ।।
The one endowed with the great Shira, i.e., Nadi, the one with the massive mouth, big teeth, all powerful, the one who is body-less and has hair going upwards, the one in the form of Shikhi, Ketu may you take away my pains.
In addition to the mantras mentioned above, the following remedies are also highly effective:
- To appease the planet Ketu, hoisting a flag in a temple is said to be auspicious.
- Donating a brown coloured cloth filled with black sesame seeds on Saturday will also be beneficial.
- Natives can also plant Ashwagandha to appease the shadow planet Ketu.
- You can gain more benefits by observing the above-said remedies under the Hora of the nakshatras of Ketu (Ashwini, Magha, and Mool) or during the Hora of Saturn.
- Worship Lord Brahma to pacify Ketu.
- You can also get rid of all Ketu Doshas by doing the Rudrabhishek.
- Apart from this, if the Dasha of Ketu is ongoing as per your kundali, and you are receiving malefic results, then you should recite the Shree Bhairav Chalisa.
For All Astrological Solutions, Click Here: AstroSage Online Shopping Store